Thursday, January 7, 2010

And it's the weekend (at least for me)



The first week of the semester is finished, only about 14 more to go. As usual, the first week bak is hectic for everyone, but since they upgraded the main computer lab, there have been more problems in that department than usual. This week I saw everything from computers refusing to restart, even with a cold boot (had to disconnect the power supply and reconnect it in order to restart it) to printers not printing properly (the one in room 12 had to be fed manually for 3 days) to computers that wouldn't connect properly to the network. We're slowly getting the problems fixed, but it gets a bit irritating when 10 students at once demand your attention.
We're flying through the first chapter (Chapter 7) in Accounting II- it's the same book we used for acounting I, we're just picking up where we left off last semester. Our first test in that class is going to be next Wednesday, and we have our first test in Business Math on Thursday of next week. Not sure when the Business finance test is, but I'm thinking either next thursday or the following tuesday (Mr DeSanti might have announced it, and I might have missed it.) Oh, Heidi, Frank and I got transferred into (Kevin) Arrington's class for Business Math. Instead of starting out in chapter one like Mr Staaf, he skipped to chapter 4 (the one on maintaining a checking account.) It's good to be back in his class, because he's a good teacher, and I liked it when I had him for Systems Analysis last winter term. After class was let out, I stayed behind to work a bit on my homework, and talked with him a bit. He said he would check on the computers that he got from the school next week, and if there are any extra, which he said there should be, he'll give me a couple to give to my parents and my sister's kids.
I spent most of my work shift today working on a lab monitor duty sheet for Josh. He wants us to clean and straighten the labs when they're not in use, and the sheets will show who did what when, so he knows who is doing the work and who isn't. I also took a bit of time before I left to edit the header on this blog a bit. See if you can find the subtle changes. :)
Well, anyway, the long day has tired me out, and I've probably been up longer than I should have (my eyes grow heavy) so I'll close for now. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my playlist

This div will be replaced