Tuesday, January 5, 2010

And they're off...


Today marked the first day of the new semester at Erie Business Center, and it was a snowy start at that. My first class was at 8am, but due to Kat getting out of work late, and poor road conditions, I didn't make it to school until 8:20 (of course, 5 minutes were spent at country fair getting my morning Cappuccino- I need something to keep me awake). Mr. DeSanti wasn't too upset though, since half the class was late as a result of the weather and crappy roads. He gave us our first test today, as well. He held up a cell phone and asked who knew what it was, and what the proper settings were during classtime. He's not going to put up with the crap that went on last semester, and I don't blame him. Of course, I only noticed one of the inconsiderate idiots that caused the class interruptions last semester in class today, so maybe that's a good sign. Really, though, if people are paying money to learn, why do they do that stuff anyway.

It was good to be back in school, and to be greeted by our receptionist, Patti Smith's, pleasant welcoming smile. It was good to be with the "gang" again, too. Frank was his usual self, and I pulled off a few good potshots on him before he got me. Heidi wisecracked right away about me being late (sometimes I think she enjoys it too much), and Scott commented on my new "beardless" appearance. Seems we all got at least a 3.5 last semester, so sorry, Heidmeister, you're NOT smarter than I am... yet. ha!

I also got to talk to some of the instructors who all said it was good to see me back. At least two told me that I am an asset to the school (better than being just an overall ass, I guess. lol). Miss Donna (Mrs. Smolko) said that she was going to send her photoshop students to me to be tutored. She has a FULL class this term, and only one or two are IT majors. I guess word got around that she's a good teacher (now I wonder who could have done that :)). Mr. (Kevin) Arrington said it was good to see me back too, though after his wisecracks last term about me driving him insane make me wonder if he isn't already insane, lol, and Mr. (Mark) Tanenbaum had his usual cheerful greeting and pleasant comments (I enjoy talking with him a lot, even outside of school. He's a very knowledgeable guy, even though he likes to "brandish" ancient Chinese sabers at unsuspecting students ;).

I think the only low point is that one of the other lab monitors whined to Josh enough to get his way with the schedule, so instead of getting the four 5-hour shifts I had requested, I got two 3-hour shifts on Monday and Wednesday, two 2-hour shifts on Tuesday and Thursday mornings before my classes, and two 5-hour shifts after my classes on Tuesday and Thursday. I wasn't too excited about having to be at school for 12 hours on those days of the week, but if it's the only way I get my 20 hours/week, then I suppose I'll live with it.

Anyway, I have to get myself to bed. 8AM comes too soon.

PS- the current playlist is only temporary, until I find a more suitable one, so, until then, please enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my playlist

This div will be replaced