Sunday, January 10, 2010

Cold Cold COLD!


The title says it all. It's been a VERY cold weekend here, with daytime highs not making it out of the teens, and nighttime lows in the single digits or negative single digits. And it's not just here in the normally frigid northeast, but also in the deep south. There are freeze warnings in Florida where my cousin lives, and I've heard stories that there are record low temperatures in the Caribbean as well. I was hoping for a mild winter this year, after last year's near record snowfall (We came VERY close (within only a couple of inches) of setting the record for amount of snowfall in one winter last year. I guess this is going to be the winter for Record low temperatures. At least there's a couple things I have to be thankful for about today's weather. So far, it's the second day in a row with NO SNOW. It was sunny for most of the day yesterday, and it's partly sunny today. Also, it's at least supposed to make it into the lower 20s today, and it's forecast to be in the mid 30s by midweek (of course, it will most likely be short-lived.)
I got brave last night and ventured out to McDonalds, because I forgot to thaw stuff for dinner, and it was COLD! I think it was close to 7F when I went out at around 10:30, and it took forever to get the car warmed up. I scraped enough of the frost from the INSIDE of the windshield so I could drive, and took off. It was interesting to see the steam coming up from the drains on the side of the street, and then the "sparkles" in the air as it crystallized. I'll probably have to venture out there again tonight, but other than that, I plan to stay inside and keep warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my playlist

This div will be replaced