Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Star Trek, Brain Farts, and the End of the McSkillet Burrito



Well, after approximately a day of downloading the file, I was finally able to get into the Star Trek Online Beta today. I installed it and played with it for about 20 minutes before leaving for school this morning, and played it a few hours this evening before the server went down. I created what is passable for a Romulan character, named (of course) Kellian e-Shikyrie tr'Khellian, my main alter ego in the MFI, and got him a nice little ship, the USS Argent. Because the game is still in beta, it's still quite glitchy, but at least you get a feel of the game. I look forward to a bit more exploration over the weekend.

I had my first test of the semester today, as well. I studied, and thought I had everything committed to memory, but when I picked up my pen, I just drew a complete blank with the first problem. The rest of the test wasn't bad, and I think I did well enough on that, but when it came to that first problem, it just created a massive brain fart. Mr. DeSanti said not to worry about it, but I still hate it when I forget how to do something. Tomorrow is the first test in Business Math, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I do well on it.

Last but not least, the best breakfast burrito that McDonald's ever made is no more. As of Friday, officially, McDonald's is discontinuing the McSkillet burrito. True, they will continue to sell the regular breakfast burritos on the dollar menu, but the one that I got hooked on will be no more. The reason that they gave me was that it wasn't selling, and wasn't cost effective. So my friend, McSkillet Burrito, I thank you for the memories of delicious breakfast, and only hope for your eventual return. You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my playlist

This div will be replaced