Thursday, January 21, 2010

Update... at last


I apologize for the delay in posting. This past week has been rather crazy and hectic with school and other real-life stuff, and I haven't really had a lot of time to update. Basically it's been school> eat > sleep> rinse and repeat of late. Last week, I had my first two tests of the semester. One I did slightly better than I thought I did on, and the other I did worse. I got an A instead of a B on the Accounting test, though I know I probably would have gotten a 98 instead of a 90 if Mr. DeSanti hadn't kept calling me up front to help him with the computer issues during the duration of the test. I was so distracted and sidetracked, that I read the instructions wrong on one problem, did one thing I didn't have to do, and neglected to do something that was required, thus costing me eight points. I won't say anything to him about it, bacause it is still an A, and I've got five more tests in the class to secure an A. The business math test, I should have gotten an A on, but got a B because the directions on the test were vague, and I did exactly what it said to do (input the balances after each transaction) instead of what the book wanted (which was copy the transaction over to the last line as well). I lost enough points to bring what should have been a 100% down to 84%. I am still a bit upset about it, but not too worried, since (again) I have four more tests and a paper to do to bring that back up to an A.
Over the weekend, I spent a lot of time playing Star Trek Online, and reporting a lot of bugs (which I hope will be fixed by the time the game is officially released. I seriously think that most people are just doing the beta testing for the free play time, and doing more complaining about the bugs than reporting them so that they can be fixed. I made it to Lt. Commander (rank 13 now, I think) and haven't done much with the game since Sunday.

Monday was spent with my friend Rachel waiting at the hospital while her husband, my friend Dave, was undergoing gall bladder surgery. He made it through quite well, although he had to stay overnight for observation. He was back to his old self, aside from the expected pain and wincing when getting in and out of the car, on Tuesday.

So far, the rest of this week has been busy as a result of school. I'm still getting used to having a full schedule again. After tomorrow, however, my weekend starts, and I'll get some relaxation and hopefully more game time in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my playlist

This div will be replaced