Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday wonderings

Song of the day: Where Are You Now? by Jimmy Harnen and Synch (just because it's playing on the radio)

Wednesday was a fairly decent day. Didn't much appreciate having to rush out the door again to get to school due to Kat being late home because of the roads, skipped the morning cappucino from Country Fair in order to shave off some time, and still was late due to bumper-bumper slow traffic on East Lake road. I think I was about five minutes late, and of course got the usual ragging by Heidi. Today was more inventory in accounting. I'm slowly getting the hang of it, but since I didn't have my caffeine this AM, I was a bit slow at the draw. Mr. DeSanti gave us one of his monster 10 column worksheets to do for homework, and I had everything right up to the balance sheet, and couldn't figure out why it was out of balance by approximately 259,000. I went over it and went over it, to no avail, and even had Mr Rowe look at it, and he looked over it for a while before he found what was missing. I forgot to include the total from the income statement. (D'oh) That was about 2 hours of blonde moment.
I also got to talk to Dina (Jabra) for a bit before she and Ghassan left for the day (They are the couple from Iraq that teach at EBC- Dina teaches Accounting and Business classes, and some gen ed math classes, and (Doc) Ghassan teaches medical classes.) I enjoy talking to both of them and could probably spend all day doing so without getting bored. Anyway, we talked about our vacations, and how it was too short for her, and how I got bored halfway through it. It's a shame I don't have her for any classes this term, because I really enjoyed having her for a teacher. Ah well, I have two more terms after this one, so, who knows?

After school, I stopped at the Eastside (not Harborcreek) WalMart (hence referred to as "GhettoMart" or the "Nightmare on Elm Street" because of its location near the "hood". I needed to pick up cat food and a few other things, and was (not) surprised that the shelves were lacking in merchandise. I was wondering if there was some major winter storm coming that I wasn't notified about, because there was no milk or bread on the shelves (or very little). Then I remembered where I was, shook my head, and moved on. Will have to have a talk with "Nahm" (aka Scott) about how to keep the shelves stocked. lol.
I also got a call from my Mom to let me know that my dad's proceedure (angiogram?) went well. There were no new blockages, and only the scar tissue left over from the last time, so all is well there.
I guess that's about all for now. I should hit the hay soon as tomorrow is my 12-hour day at school. Will pop in my Forever Knight DVDs and go to bed. Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my playlist

This div will be replaced