Tuesday, January 5, 2010

When will it end?

Today, I woke to snow, and more snow. Seems this storm system is stalled, and pumping down more and more cold Canadian air, and since the lake isn't yet frozen over, it means lots and lots of lake effect snow. I'm not sure just how much we've gotten since it first hit late Friday night, but I'm guessing between 12-18 inches. To make matters worse, the city snowplows save the side streets for last, so navigating down my street in this muck is a real treat. Anyway, as I was saying, I awoke to a LOT of snow. I left the house 15 minutes early this morning, but still was late getting to class because it took me 1/2 hour to dig my car out of the snow. At school, there were a lot of people absent, most likely due to the weather, so it was somewhat quiet. I put in about two hours in the computer lab before heading to my first class, Business Finance. Mr DeSanti teaches that one, and it's going to be interesting (he's a VERY good teacher) but it's also going to require a lot of memorization. The first chapter, however, is going to be a review of what we learned in Intro to Business last term. After Business Finance, Heidi mentioned that she was going to walk to McDonald's for lunch, and I offered her a ride since I was going there anyway, and didn't want to make her walk in the snow. We got our lunch nad headed back to school, and sat in the basement with Scott and Frank until our next class. Business Math turned out to be interesting. We all got there (room 16, as Frank told us it was) and were talking to Mr. (Kevin) Arrington, and he checked his roster and the only one that was on it was Scott. This caused a bit of confusion, so I went out to check the master schedule, and saw that there was another Intro to Business class scheduled at the same time up in Room 27, so Heidi, Frank and I said goodbye to poor Scott and another girl, Casey, who's sort of in the "gang", and headed upstairs. We got our books, and Heidi and I had a good laugh when we looked at it, and I told Mr. Staaf, the teacher, to just give me my A+ now, and get it over with. How anyone could fail that class is beyond me, because the material in the book is so elementary. Once we got our books, we were allowed to leave, so Frank and Heidi left, and I went to start my work shift in the computer lab so I could get out early. I ran into Scott after Kevin's class let out, and he said that he and Casey are getting transferred to our class, so the gang will be together. I did about 3 hours more in the computer lab before the chemical smell from the new carpeting started to make me sick, and I came home to find that my Forever Knight Seasons 2 and 3 DVD sets came in the mail (I'll be starting season two when I finish this post. I took a short nap before waking up to make dinner, and then chatted online with an old girlfriend of mine on Facebook. Little Lisa (aka Lisa #2) and I chatted for maybe an hour before I logged off. It was good to remember some of the good times from back then. I gave her my phone # before logging off, and told her to call sometime.
On a final note, I've been asked by a few people about my references to the song My Immortal by Evanescence in my facebook posts. I've been thinking a lot about another old love interest of late, the one mentioned in an earlier post, and realized that the hurt and pain had never completely gone away. The song is in reference to the memories that, after 19 years, still remain. At least I know I can deal with it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my playlist

This div will be replaced