Friday, January 8, 2010

Winter blahs...


Well, winter has maintained its icy grip on the great lakes, northeast, and much of the rest of the country. Snow continues to fall here, and I believe we've got at least a foot of snow on the ground here in Erie at the moment. Today was the first time in a while that the mayor has declared a snow emergency for the city, and that is in effect throughout the weekend until 8am Monday. This means no unnecessary travel within city limits for the duration of the snow emergency. I didn't have any plans anyway, so it really doesn't affect me, except maybe getting the payment for my computer system to my friend,Dave. I called him to let him know and he said not to worry about it, so that's good for me. Speaking of computers, I finally got the replacement parts for the armoir that I ordered back in December. When I picked it up at Walmart, the two side panels were damaged, as well as some of the inside panels, so I had to call the manufacturer to send me replacements, and those came today. So I spent most of the afternoon assembling that. I really hate the illustrated instructions that they use, as they aren't as "complete" as I like them to be, and it takes me a while to figure out EXACTLY what goes where. I got the main parts of the piece assembled, and found out there was one anchoring bolt(?) missing, but it wasn't a critical piece that it had to anchor, so I finished putting the doors on and the keyboard tray, and then emailed the company to see if they'd send me that one piece.
What does the rest of this frigid weekend hold in store? Well, I've got a LOT of DVDs to watch that haven't been opened yet, so that's a good start. I'm into season 2 of Forever Knight at the moment, and still have two seasons of Buffy: The Vampire Slayer and the entire five seasons of Angel to watch as well. This also might be a good time to break out my snowman cocoa mugs that I picked up on clearance from Walmart last week. Cocoa sounds good now. Goodnight :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

my playlist

This div will be replaced