Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And It's LIVE!!!


Yesterday, February 2, was the official launch of Star Trek Online. People flocked to their nearest game retailer (Gamestop, Target, Best Buy, etc.) to get their game so they could install it onto their computers at home and take off in their starships to fight Borg, Klingon, and Gorn alike. Those that pre-ordered the collectors editions received special bonus items which varied from retailer to retailer. Since I pre-ordered from Gamestop, I got an exclusive TOS (for those Non-Trekkies out there, that stands for The Original Series) Constitution Class starship, A Star Trek communicator pin, Extra uniforms from the Next Generation and Deep Space Nine series, and a special Red-matter device that boosts power for a short amount of time when used. I didn't get too much game time in yesterday, due to having to take a cat to the vet for an emergency visit (He has an agressive "growth" on or near the pad of one of his front paws), and only got to play for a couple of hours before I went to bed. I did achieve Lieutenant Commander 1 rank, however, and got my second (or should I say third, since I got the TOS constitution as a "freebie") starship. So I'm happy. My three ships so far are as follows:
USS Argent- Light Cruiser
USS Susquehanna- Light Cruiser (TOS Constitution)
USS Philip Anderson- Cruiser
(I can't remember all of the registry numbers, except that they all have five digits and begin with "9".)
I plan on getting some serious game time in this weekend. Also, I have one more 10-day guest pass available, if anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my playlist

This div will be replaced