Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Midterms, New Computer, and "What's That Bright Thing in The Sky?"

Wow, it's been about 2 weeks since I last posted. Please accept my apologies for the lapse in posting, but the last two weeks were midterms, and well, I was just a bit busy with those, and getting things set up at home for my new computer. First off, midterms went rather well. I received four A's as midterm grades, and one of the midterm exams yielded me my first 100% test score for the term, so I'm happy with the grades. Upon returning to school on Monday, after my four-day weekend (last Thursday was an inservice day, so we had no classes) we had another exam in Accounting II /Apps, and due to some very stupid errors on my part (labelling the wrong accounts on the journal entries, and missing the last two problems altogether just because I forgot they were there) I received an 83% (B) on that test. Thankfully, Mr. Desanti drops the lowest test grade, but even if he didn't, I'd still have a low A in the class.

Also, as mentioned, I finally got my new computer that I'd been paying on since December, and it is NICE. With 750Gb of hard drive storage, a NVidia GeForce 9400 video card with 1-Gb of memory, 2-Gb of system memory, surround-sound speakers, etc. playing my games like Star Trek Online is a much more enjoyable experience. It's just too bad that I cancelled my WoW account in January, because I'd love to see how much nicer those graphics look. Anyway, below are some pictures (please excuse the poor lighting on them, as I have it in an armoir, and the flash did no justice.)
As you can see, I have my jug-o-candy tucked into the back corner as well.

Last but not least, I will update on the weather. After this past weekend's snowstorm, we are finally experiencing some pleasant weather. While daytime highs are still in the 30s, for the most part, the snow has finally given way to some sunny skies. March has come in like a lamb, I suppose, so doese that mean we should brace ourslves for a major storm of sorts at the end of the month. With only 18 more days until the onset of spring, I am looking forward to it with great enthusiasm. I need to start getting out, at least on a semi-regular basis, and walking a bit to shed some of the weight that I need to get rid of. Also, I am just dying for warmer temperatures. I guess it's time to start looking for the crocuses, since legend has it (or at least as far as my Grandpa Dailey was concerned) the crocus has to be covered in snow 3 times before spring is here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my playlist

This div will be replaced