Saturday, July 7, 2012

Back Again and a Contest

So, I've been a bit lax with the blogging. Well, more than a bit lax, but I'm still here. What's new in my life? Well, I am no longer in Erie, PA. We transplanted ourselves to Enola, PA in Early May, and left Erie behind. I can't say I really miss the area there, but there are a few people that I do miss, and hope to get back to visit before too long. I was planning on going back to visit this month for my class reunion (this year is 25 years since I graduated from High School) but lack of fundage and vehicle issues prevented that. Anyway, Things are pretty decent here. I'm closer to family, and it's a nicer area. We live about 3 blocks up from the rail yard, but don't really hear the trains that much, just an occasional whistle or bells, but nothing more. Kat got a job at the local nursing home, making about 1.4 times what she was making in Erie. I got a job working for the same Turkey Hill store I worked at before I moved from LeMoyne 16 years ago. I'm still looking for accounting work, but since we moved at a time when all the recent college graduates were looking for work, I haven't found one yet. Not giving up hope though. I haven't really been doing much gaming lately, as I got bored even with the beta testing of Mists of Pandaria, and Diablo 3 got boring really quick (one can only do the same quests over and over again for too long before it gets old.) Been playing a game online called "Lords of Ultima" (which is supposedly a continuation of sorts of the old Ultima games from the late 80s/early 90s.) It's not really time consuming, and I have time to do other things as well. The weather here has been really HOT of late. Today, I think, is the hottest so far. It's only 97degrees in Harrisburg, but outside my own window, my thermometer was reading 104.3 just an hour ago, and the sun wasn't even shining on it. Storms are supposed to move through later this evening through tomorrow, and cool things off, but until then, we bake. That's all for my update for now. I shall endeavor this time to update on a mor eregular basis. even if it's random thoughts. Now, as promised, my friend Angela Korra'ti is holding a contest to win a free copy of her recently published book, Faerie Blood. There are 2 eBook copies and 2 print copies up for grabs. For your chance/chances of winning, follow the link below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

my playlist

This div will be replaced