Monday, January 21, 2013

Blogging Again- The Long Road from August

Hello again, It's been a while (what? 6 months?) since my last post here, but life has been hectic. Let's see if I can remember everything that has happened since then.

The last day of August, I was at work with my then manager, Kim, when someone came into the store and robbed us at knife-point. What was weird was that it happened in broad daylight (4:30pm) and after the guy robbed us, while the police were at the store taking statements and checking for evidence, he robbed another store, a tanning salon, in another part of town. Needless to say, it got more and more undesireable to work at the Turkey Barn. In October, Kim left the store (who could blame her) for another job, and we got some military dictator punk as a replacement. He didn't last long, as he wasn't doing his job as he was supposed to, and was more interested in doing my friend Jess (who had no interest whatsoever in him) and eliminating any "threat" (aka me) to his conquest. Things finally came to a head there, and Kim stepped in for Jess and the rest of us there, and Sargeant Stupid was out the door quicker than he could sneeze. He was replaced by Nancy's (the supervisory (?) manager's) brother/friend (nobody was exactly sure what his relation to her was) Richie, who refused to adhere to people's availability, and, after my Heart Cath- details shortly- I was fired because I could not adhere to THEIR schedule when they would schedule me outside of my availability. So, my time with Turkey Hell (as it was then dubbed) ended in mid-December, and I've been waiting for unemployment to make a decision on my eligibility since. Oh yea, almost forgot the best part (that's sarcasm there) when Nancy accused me of sending in all the customer compliments that I got. I mean, really? I had much better things to do with my time than to make false claims to make myself look good. I told a couple of the customers, and Kim about that, and they all said basically that Nancy was full of it.

OK, enough of the Hellpit. I mentioned that I had a heart catheterization done in early December, after the doctor did a stress test on me as part of my routine physical, and found some questionable spikes on the EKG. Well, the proceedure required my absence from work for a couple of days (Nancy insisted I scheduled it on purpose to purposely inconvenience the store, and told me she wouldn;t let me take the 3 days off - that was over-ruled quickly by the doctor). Anyway, proceedure done, they found nothing out of the ordinary, and in fact told me my heart was as healthy as if I was 10 years old.

Game-wise, I have been doing a variety of things. Played World of Warcraft briefly after the expansion was released, but got bored with it quickly, and turned back to Star Trek Online. Recently, I've been playing Diablo 3, since it doesn't have a monthly fee to play, and recently discovered a new game online called "The Rockstar Game" (link here: http://www.therockstargame.com ).

Also, I have resurrected my original Star Trek club, the USS LoPresto in this area, and have a few people interested. The registry has changed slightly, from the original, due to restrictions in the Star Trek Online game, and also due to it being the sixth incarnation of the ship- the new registry is NCC-94100-E. Hopefully, we will get a regular meeting schedule set up, and new members down the road. (Pictured to the left is the NCC-94100-E, Vesta Class Science vessel from Star Trek Online).

Also, I've gotten rather hooked on the SyFy hit show, "Haven" since December. I was watching the Episode entitled "Sarah" around the holidays, and got instantly hooked. The show just finished its 3rd season, and will be back in the fall with a 4th season, but of course it left us with a cliffhanger until then. The show takes place in the town of Haven, Maine, and there are a lot of strange happenings every episode that the main characters, Audrey, Nathan, and Duke, have to solve each week. If you liked X-files, you will like this show. As I said, I was hooked, and ended up buying the first two seasons on DVD just to get caught up.

Last, but not least, I have made some great friends since August. I've become good friends with both Jess and Kim from the "Hell".  I don't see Kim or Jess as often as I'd like to, but we keep in touch on Facebook, which is OK.

Well, that's all for now. I will try to update this more often since I have time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my playlist

This div will be replaced