Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Training for New Job Responsibilities At Work, and a Book Release

Well, today we started cross-training for taking calls for our (Fedloan Servicing's) Title IV/Commercial servicer counterpart,  American Education Services (AES). We spent 4 hours going over all the different procedures and policies that are different from the ones we're used to, and discussing the increase in responsibilities that we'll be getting, having to work between the two PHEAA organizations. Apparently my team is just a pilot (test) team to see how the transition works, and then eventually everyone else will get trained to take AES calls as well. While it adds more to my already "hefty" plate of customer service splits (I already take general calls, Graduate program split, and military split calls) it adds nothing more to my paycheck (bummer).  Hopefully, it will increase my likelihood for possible future advancement, since it's extra training. Right now, however, it's just added headaches as we have to learn the differences in processing, and differences in submitting requests for the borrowers, and have to be careful not to give out information that we normally give out at FLS that AES cannot. I guess I'll get used to it.

Now that that is all out of the way, I will do another shameless plug for my friends, Dara and Anna Korra'ti.  Anna's new novel,  Bone Walker, Book 2 of the Seattle Free Court, is now released on paperback and Ebook (hopefully soon on Audio- will be major Squee-age when it is) and the soundtrack is also available (both on CD and digital download). All products can be purchased here or  here or here (or via Amazon, Nook, iBooks, Smashwords, Google play, or Kobo- note, the highlighted links provide more payment options.)  I've sampled the music of CRIME and the Forces of Evil, and have read some of Anna's previous work, and highly recommend both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

my playlist

This div will be replaced