Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Just A Short Post

It's been a rather busy, hectic, strange week here. I forgot to mention in my last post that I'm working in a convenience store called Turkey Hill, in fact, it's the same store that I worked at 16 years ago before moving back up to the Erie area in '96. Anyway, things at the store had been in somewhat of a disarray since before I started working there in late May. In the absence of a full manager, the store was being run by an assistant manager who seemed to have somewhat of a "lackadaisical" attitude about things. I noticed from the start a lot of outdated products on the shelves, and started pulling them when I got the chance. I also got hired into a store full of its own brand of drama. One employee seemed content to put all the other employees down, and calling them lazy, fat, etc. and not only saying this to their faces, but to and in front of customers. This caused quite a bit of dissention in the ranks, and being as I am, I tried to remain neutral until said employee tried putting the other employees down in front of me or trying to do the same to me. I wouldn't put up with it, and so I told her, which quickly turned her attitude on to me. About two weeks ago, they brought a new store manager in, and she started trying to get things back in order. Shortly afterward, the assistant manager got fired for neglecting her duties, and we were back to square one with being understaffed. Also, complaints about the one employee started coming in from customers, and a store meeting was held on Monday to "correct" the situation. Since then, the area manager, and other higher ups have been in the store trying to figure out how to get things in order and get the store running as it should. Needless to say, it's been a bit busy, and at times frustrating. Hopefully things get to some semblance of "normalcy" soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time for you to step up and let them know that, based on your previous experience, you are more than happy to step into an assistant manager's position or shift manager position to help with that. Of course, you have to keep your own attitudes professional and above reproach but it's worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete

my playlist

This div will be replaced